For Home & Computers Not Logging into the Forest Domain
(If you are logged into the forest domain, outlook will properly autoconfigure itself when you open it.)
- Start Outlook. E-mail accounts may also be added using the "Mail" control panel in the Windows operating system.
- If you don't have an e-mail account already configured then it will prompt you to set one up.
- If you have an e-mail account already setup then go to the Account Settings and click on New. Normally you can just put in your name and e-mail address and Outlook will configure everything for you, but at the moment there are some bugs with the new Exchange 2010 server so we're going to manually setup the mail.
- Select "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and click
- Select "Microsoft Exchange or compatible service" and click "Next >"
- Type in "usfmail2.forest.usf.edu" for the Server Name, leave "Use Cached Exchange Mode" checked, and type in your e-mail address as the username - ie "email@example.com"
- Click on the "More Settings..." button
- Select the "Connection" tab
- Check the box under Outlook Anywhere "Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP
- Click on the "Exchange Proxy Settings..." button
- Under "Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange:"
after the "https://" type "email.usf.edu"
- Make sure "Connect using SSL only" is checked
- Check "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate" and type in "msstd:email.usf.edu" in the box after it.
"On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP"
"On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP"
These setting must be disable for computers which get attached to the USF network wither it's wireless, wired or via the VPN. If home users still have problems connecting after restarting Outlook, you can try check both these boxes and restart Outlook.
- Change the Proxy Authentication settings to "Basic Authentication" (which will gray out the checked "Connect using SSL only".
- Click OK to exit from the Microsoft Exchange Proxy
Click OK to exit from the Exchange More Settings window
Click Next to continue in the Add Account window
Click Finish and now close the Account settings window.