Smithsonian Marine Station Education Specialist
COSEE Florida Informal Education Manager
772.462.6216 • www.sms.si.edu
POSITION TITLE: Communication and Digital Media Coordinator
LOCATION: 1420 Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce, FL 34949
CLASSIFICATION: This is a full-time, grant funded position
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
COSEE Florida is currently seeking an enthusiastic, innovative communication and digital media coordinator to oversee the Center’s web and social media presence and digital media production efforts. This position will involve oversight of the development and production of short videos highlighting ocean scientists’ research, as well as the day-to-day operations of the COSEE Florida website and social media, including the development of new content and promotional and marketing materials for the Center’s programs and events. The successful candidate will also participate in the development of a video storytelling workshop for scientists. Other duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
The qualifications and skill requirements for this position include:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree;
- Video recording, editing, and production skills (examples of products required);
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written (examples of products required);
- Experience with developing content for a variety of audiences across multiple digital platforms, including websites, blogs, and social media;
- Experience with website development and maintenance using a content management system (e.g. – Weebly, Joomla, etc);
- Ability of work independently and as a member of a collaborative team;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Documented experience using web-based and social media platforms to market and promote programs and events;
- A good sense of humor.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary oversight of the Center’s program to assist scientist with designing and producing short videos highlighting their research;
- Management of day- to-day operations of the COSEE Florida website and social media sites (i.e., Facebook and Twitter);
- Development of press releases, articles, web content, and promotional materials highlighting the Center’s programs and activities;
- Coordination of changes to the website design and layout with website host (IRSC);
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the video storytelling workshop;
- Preparation of periodic status reports for COSEE Florida Leadership Team.
Position requires a valid driver’s license.
Copies of transcripts of all collegiate work must be sent to ORCA prior to interview.